SUMMARY OF JOB:
This position is responsible for providing diagnostic (including Modified Barium Swallow studies) and therapeutic services, patient/family education, and appropriate referrals as necessary to patients exhibiting a speech, language, or swallowing disorder; maintaining systematic records in accordance with professional and regulatory guidelines; maintaining quality care for all patients through interaction with hospital personnel in a coordinated, comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach; and providing assistance where communication barriers exist due to speech/language disabilities to enable each individual to reach his or her maximum level of independence. This will be accomplished by performing the following duties in accordance with Community Hospital and the Therapy Works Departmentâ€™s policies and procedures. This position will cover inpatient and outpatient services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Day to day work is focused on these key performance areas:
1. Coordinates and directs patient care services to patients of all ages to ensure that patient needs are met. Services include patient evaluation/ assessment, establishing and implementing a plan of care, assessing effectiveness of and modifying treatment to ensure goal achievement, and educating patients/caregivers.
2. Produces quality documentation in a timely manner to support provision of care, according to current standards that are based on professional association and regulatory guidelines.
3. Collects and analyzes data from selected outcome measures to monitor patient progress and the benefit of interventions.
4. Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff, and hospital leadership.
5. Demonstrates an understanding of treatment costs and financial support as they relate to quality and efficiency, including budgeting, staffing, billing/coding, and procedural planning tasks.
6. Participates in ongoing professional development to maintain a level of clinical practice consistent with best practice standards. This includes seeking opportunities to gain new knowledge and skills and utilizing these newly acquired skills in the provision of care and for growth and development of the department and hospital.
7. Contributes to departmental, hospital, and community activities that promote department operations and program development for Community Hospital.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the overall effectiveness of the department and the organization.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Powered by JazzHR
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...